Perfect for Outdoors
A versatile controller which is ideal for cooktops, gas grills, BBQs, gas lamps and any other application where a simple re-light is required during operation. Perfect for applications where wind or water etc is an issue.
The controller uses the igniter to light the gas and a separate flame sense rod. Re-lighting is instant in the even of a flame out. Its amazing and a very economical way of monitoring flames.
The unit is very easy to install and can be used instead of spark re-ignition units such as the Tytronic re-ignition modules. In some cases the controller and our 12 volt mini or standard hot surface igniters can be retrofitted without very much modification.
The Specification and Operating Instruction for 24V Hot Surface ReIgniter Controller HSRIBA-24
The 24V Hot Surface Re-Igniters (HSRI) Controller is a controller which delivers power from 24VDC voltage to 24V Hot Surface Igniters (HSIs). The Controller provides a 24VDC voltage to deliver power to a HSI active load. This HSRIBA-24 controller operates as a conventional analogue re-igniter used for portable and stationary domestic and commercial gas appliances. The re-ignition function is an integrated and not an optional function of this controller. This option cannot be “switched off” or change its performance during its entire operation life. All functional options and initial parameters are originally pre-established and set up.
Safety Information and Safety Warnings.
This Controller is non-earthed product and must be used with maxim precaution in installation and exploitation. The body of the Controller should not have any cracks and visible damages. Units with any physical damage must be immediately removed from exploitation. Connect the Controller to voltage source and the load only according recommended wiring diagram. All wiring must be done only after completion of HSI installation. It is strictly prohibited to use the Controller if:
– The Controller has cracked and/or damaged body, terminals or damage of parts coming out of epoxy,
– The wiring loom has damaged insulation or inappropriate and unapproved wire types not specified for operation under mains voltage.
– The wiring loom has bent or damaged spade Q-connectors. Bad Electrical contact in Q-connector under high impulse current can cause spark, simmer and, as a result, fire danger
– Use the wiring loom with insulated spade Q-connectors where the distance from these connectors to adjacent parts of chassis is less than 15mm.
– All wiring terminals must be crimped with the appropriate standard crimping tools only.
Re-Igniter Controller Operation Description.
The Controller operation is similar to conventional Re-Igniter controller. After initial DC voltage applying to its terminals +24V and -24V (Neutral) Controller provides the power to HSI “Output” terminals. This Controller is an analogue device with separate flame sensing electrode. So due to its construction specific properties and properties of the HSI the start up process consists of several stages common for conventional re-igniters.
– Main ignition. During this period Controller keeps the HSI under power for reliable gas ignition.
– Flame verification. In this state controller verifies flame presence during 0.20.3sec time.
– Re-ignition. If during flame verification time flame is not established and flame verification indicates its absence the Controller continues to power HSI or starts the heating again until flame is reignited.
– Flame sensing. During this period Controller detects flame presence and continues to stay on “stand by” until flame is lost or switched off by operator. In case of flame loss it automatically switches on and re-ignites gas during 2.0 to 3.0 sec.
The typical total flame establishing takes approximately 2.5-3.0 or will continue until flame is established or system is switched off by operator. For flame detection and verification the Controller utilises a conventional “Flame rectification method”. This method guarantees simple and reliable flame detection even under smallest simmer flame operation. One of the most important operational features of the controller is that HSI element itself may be connected only to safe and non-dangerous 24VDC voltage source at all time when HSI is in active heating stage. This safe condition remains even when The Controller itself is staying in operation under Flame sensing mode.
Specification, Parameters and Features.
Input DC voltage from 10.5V to 13.8VDC
Nominal HSI voltage 10 – 24V ± 5%
Output power, Average 10 – 50 watt Pick for T=60 sec 100 watt
Operating temperature, oC from -40 to +85
Dissipating energy, ≤ 1.0 watt
Operating Relative Humidity from 10 to 98%
Operating stroke time with 30W HSIs Unlimited
The preferable load 24V, 10watt
HSI heating elements HSI nominal average power at 24V 10 – 100watt
Minimal resistance of HSI (in cold state) 1.0 Ohm
Connecting terminals 6.3mm spade Quick connectors
Material of the Controller body Flame retardant epoxy rosin.
Deflecting temperature for used epoxy 120oC Colour From dark gray to black.
Unit total weight 24 ± 2g
The Hot Surface Re-Igniter Controller has the following operational features:
– Adjusting its timing parameters and pulse rate according to input RMS voltage and frequency.
– Dynamically readjust output power from cycle to cycle if mains voltage changes during operation.
– The Controller could be programmed with different parameters or any additional features according customer specification.
– The Controller may be pre-programmed and calibrated for different input and output RMS voltages within ±30%.
– Controller varies HSI “Preheating” regime according initial HSI temperature.
– During the “Non heating” stage controller disconnect HSI from mains and solid state switching device
– This Controller is suitable for use with transformer. But the galvanic coupling between Earth and Neutral should then be obtained.
Controller Installation, Mounting and Wiring Diagram.
The Controller could be attached to the flat preferably metal surface and screwed/bolted to this surface with 4mm screw with washer, which can guarantee strong and reliable attachment of the unit to the surface. Surface could be horizontal or vertical. The metal surface plays the role of heatsink. Controller must be in free air around it. No cover is allowed over the Controller. If the operating temperature of the Controller exceeds specified temperature, the thermoconductive paste could be used for improving thermion conductivity between Controller body and the installation surface. The Controller must be installed strictly according wiring/connection diagram. In the case of any alternative connection the HSI itself or flame sensing re-ignition feature will not function. The special care should be taken for the proper Controller connection to voltage supply and to its load. See wiring diagram.
Even if the Controller has been designed for operation under any environmental conditions, it still requires following the certain rules and requirements:
– Never use the Controller with cracked and/or damaged body.
– Never use the wiring loom with damaged insulation or inappropriate and unapproved wire types.
– Never use the wiring loom with bent or damaged spade Q-connectors. Bad Electrical contact in Q-connector under high impulse current can cause spark, simmer and, as a result, fire danger.
– Use the wiring loom with insulated spade Q-connectors.
– Use the wiring loom with spade Q-connectors crimped only with specified tools.
Please do not leave your gas appliances completely unattended. Especially in condition where the flame loss is very likely, such as: – Windy conditions. – Water spill. – Gas supply limitation or inconsistency, etc.
This product is under warranty of non-human Factors: Free replacement of failed units of non human factor within twelve months from purchase date.
For any problems concerning our products you purchase, please send them back to local sales agent with effective note describing conditions it has failed under.